Wellington City Council have just opened for submissions on 18 traffic and parking resolutions.
The ‘new’ motorcycle park (actually not new, it replaced the one that used to be across the road) outside Caffe L’Affare is perfect for stopping at Moore Wilsons Fresh for a bag or two of food shopping.
Just remember it’s not unlimited parking – two hours maximum, ample time for aforementioned shopping and even a coffee.
Mind the new rules for the central city (Wellington) as several lanes are now ‘bus only’ lanes (some at varying times) – effective from 5am Sunday 28th November.
Currently Wellington Airports website doesn’t show this information, however I have been advised that it will be included with a review of the site sometime soon.
My understanding is that you can exit without paying – any comments from those who have parked at the airport?
Wellington City Council Web Alert
The following consultation is now available online:
Traffic Resolution – Golden Mile
Proposed traffic restrictions to carry out the bus priority scheme in Golden Mile – Manners Mall.
Opened: 13 April
Closing: 30 April
Traffic Resolution – Golden Mile
Wellington City Council is asking for public submissions on a resolution for traffic restrictions so that we can carry out the bus priority scheme in the Golden Mile.
There are some traffic movement and parking changes needed in light of the Council’s decision to open up Manners Mall to public transport and to make improvements to surrounding streets.
The Council’s decision to revoke the pedestrian status of Manners Mall has been the subject of an Environment Court appeal. We expect to hear the outcome of the appeal in May. The project will proceed if the Council’s decision is upheld.
The resolution forms part of the preparatory work needed for construction works.
The proposed changes involve:
- reversing the flow of general traffic in Manners Street (and restricting turn movements as a result)
- removing parking from Manners Street east and Willis Street
- creating more car parks in Dixon Street, Victoria Street, Wakefield Street and Mercer Street.
Some current car parks will be out of use during the construction period.
The changes will result in better overall movement of traffic through the area and provide approximately 40 additional car parks.
To make a submission, read the proposed traffic resolution, view the map and complete the online submission form below.
The deadline for submissions is: 5.00pm Friday 30 April 2010.
- Traffic Resolution TR40-10 (211Kb PDF) | Text version (681Kb Doc)
- Map (2.53Mb PDF) | Low resolution (1.18Mb PDF)
- Online Submission Form
“Happy New Year and I have some good news. I have just finished a meeting with our traffic engineers, who have agreed with the following proposed traffic resolutions (subject to public consultation & agreement by Councillors):
* Addition of a new P120 Motorcycles-Only parking bay in the Victoria Street parking lay-by opposite Scooterazzi. The time restriction discourages all-day parking (e.g. commuters or stock for sale) thereby making it more likely that riders can get a park.
* Addition of two new Motorcycles-Only parking bays in College Street (to replace the space that was lost). One of these will be time restricted (P120) to support the small cafe businesses at the western end, the other will be approximately 6m of unrestricted space at the eastern end (not highly utilised by cars).
WCC have put forward a number of traffic resolutions, submissions close 5th Feb 2010.
Several include additional motorcycle parking.